Monday, February 14, 2011

LOVE day

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away.
--Oscar Hammerstein
The Sound of Music - (thanks Risa!)

February has already been a difficult month for me - i lost a close relative and then I lost my dog that I raised for 15 years....the loss is great
...the sadness greater. The wonder of Life and Afterlife constant.

Today is Valentines Day - a day devoted to Love - "there are all kinds of Love" I tell my kids all the time as they try to differentiate the Loves they feel...certainly there are many ways to Love, and to express Love. To express Feelings. Sometimes we
have to close our eyes to see more clearly....

Red is the color of Love and also of Anger; or Hate. Does
Love = Hate? Perhaps. Kids use the words Love and Hate so often and so interchangeably...


Today we painted with Roses and with the color Red...emotional and beautiful
results. I Loved them....




No comments:

Post a Comment