Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creativity...

is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual....


.....with the help of me and another Mom, and of course the kids, these images were created. I think its important to let go of all the knowledge and experience we have as adults and allow the process of art making happen spontaneously with the kids. I think we can learn to see things differently, if we respect the kids' points of view. I love to hear that "this is the first time my child has ever touched paper mache, or has ever made a collage"....I feel so touched, knowing that they may remember this experience forever, and that it can have an impact on their creative lives...doing something for the first time with me in my studio...and hopefully its a positive experience and hopefully we both discovered something no one ever has discovered before!! That's the goal inspiration....

No comments:

Post a Comment